Our Inductions are run Home Care Heroes style. They are run as a group and work to provide you with all of the information that you will need to step out in the community as a Hero.
How can I prepare for an Induction?
In order to prepare for an Induction, we recommend the following:
- Complete your profile to as close to 100% as possible!
- Read about our organisation and goals through our website and blog. Make sure you know the answers to the following:
- What is an Independent Contractor?
- What kinds of support can a hero provide?
- Who does a hero support?
- What is Social Isolation and how does it affect our community?
- Double-check the time, day and location of your Induction and allow for traffic. You can’t join an Induction if you are more than 10 minutes late so do your best to get there on time on the day.
Inductions begin with a group discussion about Home Care Heroes followed by some ice breakers, games and role-play exercises. The first half of the induction allows us to assess that you are ready to become a Hero. Following this, you will be provided with a full brief on life as a Hero and how to use the website to connect with Members, create and complete bookings.
Following the Induction, you will need to complete your profile. This includes getting an ABN and Police Check as well as uploading both onto your profile. Once this is complete, we will contact your references. After we have the go-ahead from your references we will double check your profile to make sure that it is ready for Member’s eyes and then we will activate you! You will receive an email when your profile is activated.