Standards Guide (Code of Conduct)
The Code of Conduct will make sure our Heroes and members:
• have choice and control
• are not at risk of being hurt
• get high quality supports and services.
Certain uses of these channels are inconsistent with this purpose, including, but not limited to:
- posts about other members of the community
- Posts that would place any person in a vulnerable position
- activities that are illegal or fraudulent under Australian law
- use that inaccurately implies endorsement, approval, or sponsorship by Home Care Heroes
- use that can be confused with official communications of the NDIS or My Aged Care
- activities that violate other users’ privacy, including the release of private personal information about others, such as name, address, or phone number
- activities that further commercial or other personal financial gain
- posting content that is offensive, hateful, threatening, libellous, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence
- harassment of any individual or entity.
As a member of our community;
- Be welcoming, friendly, and patient.
- Be considerate. Your work will be used by other people, and you in turn will depend on the work of others. Any decision you make will affect all collaborators and you should take those consequences into account when making decisions.
- Be respectful. Not all of us will agree all the time, but disagreement is no excuse for poor behaviour and poor manners. We might all experience some frustration now and then, but we cannot allow that frustration to turn into a personal attack. It’s important to remember that a community where people feel uncomfortable or threatened is not a productive one. Our community should be respectful when dealing with other members as well as with people outside our collaboration.
- Be careful in the words that you choose. Remember that sexist, racist, and other exclusionary jokes can be offensive to those around you.
- Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other members.
- Act professionally. Remember that harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate for the community. When we disagree, we try to understand why.
- Disagreements, both social and technical, happen all the time and our community is no exception. It is important that we resolve disagreements and differing views constructively.
- Remember that we are different and respect those differences. The strength of our collaboration comes from its varied community, people from a wide range of backgrounds. Different people have different perspectives on issues. Being unable to understand why someone holds a viewpoint does not mean that they are wrong.
- Do not forget that it is human to make mistakes and blaming each other does not resolve conflict. Rather, offer to help resolve issues and to help us learn from our collective mistakes.
- De-escalate conflicts and disagreements. Remain open-minded to others’ points of view and acknowledge others’ right to their own beliefs.
Home Care Heroes reserves the right to deny access to its communication channels. Home Care Heroes will deny access to those who violate the above standards or other applicable policies in these or similar practices. Members of the Home Care Heroes site and in the various social media channels who misuse information and communication services may be removed from all online communities permanently. Home Care Heroes reserves the right to move or delete any postings.