Home Care Heroes is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for all Heroes (including contractors and volunteers) as well as clients (members), visitors and members of the public.
Hazards and risks to health and safety will be eliminated or minimised, as far as is reasonably practicable.
The responsibility for managing health and safety ultimately rests with the person in control of the business, directors and management. Workers (Heroes) also have important responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace.
We are committed to complying with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011, codes of practice and other safety guidance material.
- Ensure the business complies with all legislation relating to health and safety
- Eliminate or minimise all workplace hazards and risks as far as is reasonably practicable
- Provide information, instruction and training to enable all workers (Heroes) to work safely
- Check-in on workers (Heroes) to ensure work activities are performed safely
- Consult with and involve workers (Heroes) on matters relating to health, safety and wellbeing
- Provide a suitable incident reporting process
- Take reasonable care for their own health and safety
- Follow safe work procedures, instructions and rules
- Participate in the Hero Induction WHS
- Report health and safety hazards
- Report incidents
Our goal is to provide a safe and healthy work environment that is free from workplace injury and illness. This will only be achieved through the participation, co-operation and commitment of everyone in the organisation.