Are you an NDIS Registered Provider?
Yes, Home Care Heroes is an NDIS Registered Provider. If you have an NDIS Plan, you can use the following funding areas to access our services.
- Daily Activities: Assistance with Daily Activities
- Daily Activities: Assistance with Social and Community Participation
Capacity Building Supports
- Social and Community Participation
- Improved Daily Living
- Improved Health and Wellbeing
Are you a My Aged Care, Home Care Provider?
Home Care Heroes is not a Home Care Provider but we are a private service under My Aged Care. This means that you may be able to utilise your My Aged Care Package to access our service. To do so, speak with your Home Care Provider surrounding the
selection of an independent care worker (a Hero).
What is your rate?
Our Hero services are a flat rate of $35/hr. This remains the same on weekends and public holidays.
How can I pay the Hero?
Before making a booking, you will have to complete the “Payments” section of your profile with the correct details for your situation.
Once this is complete, after a booking, the Hero will be paid through the platform.
The process by which your payment will be collected depends upon whether you have an NDIS plan (and how you are managing your funding), My Aged Care Package or whether you are paying directly.
If you are paying directly:
- Your Credit Card will be charged directly following the confirmation of the booking.
If you are paying through your NDIS Plan:
- If you are Plan Managed: An invoice will be sent to your Plan Manager
- If you are Self Managed: Your Credit Card will be charged directly following the confirmation of the booking and you can then claim the booking from the NDIS.
- If you are NDIS Agency Managed: We will create a Service Booking and claim from the Service Booking following the confirmation of the booking.
If you are paying through your My Aged Care Plan:
- We will invoice your Plan Manager following the confirmation of the booking.
Who pays for additional expenses during bookings (i.e. tickets, public transport and outings)?
We recommend that if you do not have a Companion Card, before your first booking with a Hero, you should discuss with the Hero what expenses will or won’t be paid for. This is completely up to the Member and Hero to decide on based on what they are comfortable with. Home Care Heroes does not organise the payment for additional expenses.
Please note, we do not recommend covering the Heroes travel to and from your home in the booking time.
How do I pay the Hero for transport or petrol costs incurred during bookings?
It is not compulsory to add petrol or transport costs to a booking. Prior to confirming a booking, Heroes and members should discuss if transport is required and agree if any transports cost will be covered.
Most commonly, transport or petrol costs are included when the booking involves transporting a member to an appointment or activity.
The transport feature calculates at $0.80 per km. Therefore, if 10 kilometres is entered against a booking, this will add a cost of 10 X $0.80 = $8.
As a result, $8 will be added to your booking and paid to the Hero.
I have a new NDIS plan! What do I do?
Send an email to our team [ email@example.com ] with the below details:
- NDIS Number
- Plan Start and End Date
- Allocation Area and Amount (If you are NDIS Agency Managed)
We will then adjust your details on our systems and you can continue bookings as per normal.
I am plan managed but would like to receive invoices to keep track of bookings. Can I do this?
You can definitely do this! Once logged in, just click on “Profile” in the top right-hand corner of your screen. Then, click payments and scroll down. At the bottom of the payments section, there is a tick box that states “Email me copies of Invoices”. Tick this box. All future invoices will now also be sent to your email.